Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Things I never thought I would buy...

In a little while, I will be the proud possessor of this nifty piece of the agricultural past... although it is brand-new.  Hand-operated and very sustainable.  I´m feeling so very green!

All I need now to complete the effect is a pair of Carhartt bib overalls ...or, as my lovely and talented missus calls them, "bibberalls."

More practical castellano:  it´s very difficult to ascertain with confidence the Spanish word for "corncob" through an internet search.  I´m going with "carozo."

Anybody got a good one for "corn stalk"?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I may be mistaken, but I think the cob is the "coronta".

yanqui mike said...

We´re both still, after all these years, such extranjeros!

Sebastian Otero on Facebook nailed them both:

Corncob is marlo.

Cornstalk is mazorca.

I think he just became my English/Castellano Jargon Dictionary!

Love to Cintra y Henry,
Mike

yanqui mike said...

Man! I finally have this contraption in my hot little hands.

Talk about a "forever item!" All cast iron and tractor paint ...with a wooden handle grip.

Even with all its gravitas ...I´ve got even weightier plans for this little baby.

More to come...