Monday, February 14, 2011

Alicia, I see you.

...standing on the stairway
Waiting for your bear there
Handy on the landing
Penny in my pocket
High enough to hold you

When I come back home to you tomorrow
You may well be angry
I'll for sure be hungry

Meet me in the middle
Make it melt like chocolate
Be my little baby

I'll take you down by the water
Some December morning

Take you from your family
Leave them to their longing

Take you by your hand
Somewhere on the sand

Alicia, I love you
Though I'm late to say so

Hesitate to tell you

What will be your answer
Some December morning

Standing on the stairway

Alicia, I see you.

2 comments:

99 said...

mmmmuac!

Anonymous said...

Nice piece of writing. There is no better treasure than the love of a woman...though sometimes they drive us mad!