Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mike fights for his political life

Just in case you're interested...

Where:
Home of Laura Atkins,
(address deleted 08DEC08)

When:
This coming Wednesday, December 3rd, 6pm


FYI, all 4 of my fellow DAA committee members have voted for my removal as chair of Democrats Abroad Argentina. Weird but true.

The vote will NOT be open to the full membership...
...only to those who show up in a luxury living room in Recoleta ...on this Wednesday, December 3rd, at 6pm. (You think I'm exaggerating? Come and see for yourself.)

There's no basis to their charges. This is nothing more than a jealous, personal, vendetta.

Please come and listen and decide and vote for yourself. If you're not a member of DAA, you can join the meeting at the door (as long as you have some proof of US citizenship ...I suggest a passport. But don't forget you can join in advance at: http://www.democratsabroad.org/user/register and leave your passport at home.)

I'm outnumbered 4 to 1, "they" have the element of surprise in that I don't know what they will accuse me of, they have the "home field" advantage in that the inquisition will be held in the living room of one of my accusers...

...and the four of "them" are inviting all their friends ...and I can only invite mine.

I hope that I have more friends. Please help me.

Where:
Home of Laura Atkins,
(address deleted 08DEC08)

When: This coming Wednesday, December 3rd, 6pm ...please don't be late, I don't know that they will allow anyone to enter after 6pm.

Free beer to everyone who comes and votes! Vote for yourself, vote for everyone in the provinces and across town and everybody who has to work and can't make it to this closed meeting.

This sucks but it's a reality.

Love,
Mike

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have my parents in town; I have my kids that I would rather play with, and my wife who I would rather be with..., but I will be there.

Heidi Mathews said...

I'm sorry I won't be able to make it Mike. I've been informed that it's against the bylaws to vote in any other way than in person. I'm starting to think that this is more "Democrats in Buenos Aires" than "Democrats in Argentina". I wish there was a way for us in the "provincias" to be able to vote. Hell, even for the US elections we have absentee voting, I don't understand why we can't do it for this simple organization.

Anonymous said...

Good luck captain mike

Anonymous said...

you won't tell us what happened there?

yanqui mike said...

Dear Anon,

If there you mean "the meeting", it was canceled and never took place.

If you mean "what happened" to lead up to the meeting and how it got canceled... that's a good story.

There has been no "radio silence" imposed upon me by the international leadership of Democrats Abroad. However, they felt that none of the comments or posts regarding the Dec 3 meeting were in the best interests of the Democratic Party.

Because of that, I've restrained myself from making comments or posts ...until such a time that the international is comfortable.

I'm doing this (or NOT doing this, as the case may be) out of respect for the international leadership.

My silence won't be forever ...and it won't be for very long either.

Thanks,
Mike